Friday, September 12, 2008

Asheville, NC

Have you ever gone to a place in the United States and thought, "I can't believe this is in the U.S." That's Asheville, NC. If you've never been here, it's great. There is a huge amount of culture, natural parks, and tourist-type things to do. I'm here every 2 months for a financing seminar. It's a good excuse for a mini-vacation :)

I played a round of golf today. By the 12th hole, I was getting into a pretty good groove -- missing birdies and making pars :) It was a good time. But, when you're not at work in an office, and playing a game, when wouldn't it be a good time?

So, I got down here yesterday. When I went to check in, the hotel folks didn't have my reservation. Total bummer. So, while other people are waiting behind me, I'm assuring the nice young lady behind the counter that I always have a room for the seminar, and I'm here every 2 months for the past 3 years... She kept telling me that they didn't have a room and I didn't have a reservation. Finally, after about 10-15 minutes of me talking, there was a room available. ?? Yeah, it's magic apparently. I didn't get my normal room, but I got another that's equally as 'nice' as you can expect from a hotel built in the 70's.

I'm off to dinner... bon apetite!

No comments:

ShareThis