Friday, December 19, 2008

Pirates! I've got questions.

Seriously, who would have thought that being a pirate today would be so lucrative.  Granted, there are tons of cyber-pirates out there stealing data from our computers right now, but I'm talking about the kind you find in boats.  Do you think they offer a course in colleges for this sort of thing?  Who's exactly in charge of determining the course of action against pirates? Do we have anti-piracy laws for these 'sea dogs'
 
I'm really taken back by this.  There are millions of dollars worth of goods being stolen.  What about re-routing these shipments?  Yes, I know it will take a lot longer and cost more money.  Wouldn't you rather throw millions of dollars to something that is actually working for you not against you?  All of these ransoms are becoming inhibitors and encouragement to future pirates.  I'm sure it's a difficult task to take on and hi-jack a massive tanker or cargo ship on the high sea. 
 
Sorry for all of the questions.  I guess I'm still the 5 year old that always asks 'why?' 5 billion times...
 
My Amazon.com Wish List 
Don't forget to visit my photoblog here 
 

View Rob Peterson's profile on LinkedIn

No comments:

ShareThis