Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Missed a day already!

So, I missed a day of posting already! But, in my own defense, it was a holiday weekend and I was in NYC visiting my good friend C.

The weekend was great, with only one disappointment. So, I read this story in a magazine about a guy who went home one evening to his folks. He was discussing "life" with his dad and they started talking about how great 'grandpa's donuts' were back when he made them. So, they dug out an old recipe and made donuts. This guy loved making donuts so much that night that he decided that's what he wanted to do. So, he started making donuts in the night in his apartment (which his roomy hated) so that he could deliver them nice and fresh in the morning. Well, they took off as he started making donuts for more and more places. It got to be a stretch to deliver donuts on his bicycle, so he had to move out of the apartment and get an actual bakery. Great story, so I thought I'd go check out these donuts and support someone who is so passionate about their craft.

Well, being the holiday weekend, they were closed. Totally not expecting that; 1) it's NYC, and 2) I would think that he would have someone else running the shop by now! Oh well, gives me something to visit the next time.

I'll be sure post a photo on my photoblog: rbpeterson2.com.

No comments:

ShareThis